Scouting report: Heat vs. Pistons Game 2
Updated: May 25, 2006, 3:03 PM ETBy John Carroll | Scouts Inc.
Heat Offense: Shaquille O'Neal started Game 1 in attack mode. He caught the ball and overpowered Ben Wallace early in the game. However, after the first quarter he tired and got into foul trouble again. He had no explosion and lift during the second half and missed point-blank shots. The Heat are going to need Shaq to play at a higher level as this series progresses. He and Dwyane Wade had five turnovers each, and that gets you beat in the playoffs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
John Carroll joined Scouts Inc. after nine years as an NBA coach, including a seven-year tenure with the Boston Celtics that concluded with a four-month stint as interim head coach in 2003-04. Before joining the NBA, Carroll spent six years as head coach at Duquesne University and seven years at Seton Hall as an assistant to head coach P.J. Carlesimo.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.