Scouting report: Suns vs. Mavs Game 2
2) With their size and length they need to continue to punish the Suns inside. They had 18 offensive rebounds in Game 1 with Dirk Nowitzki dominating the offensive boards. They killed the Suns with second-chance points and they need to get the ball into the paint and get all over the glass.
4) Keep getting the ball to Nowitzki and Jerry Stackhouse at the foul line/elbow area in isolations. When they have the ball in these areas, these two players are impossible for the Suns to guard, given proper spacing and vision of double teams.
5) Keep utilizing the bench and wear down the Suns. The Mavs' bench is much deeper, and the longer the series goes the more the bench will be a factor. The Mavs played 10 players and outscored the Suns' bench 36-11.Mavs Defense: Transition defense is the first order of business for the Mavericks. They must run back on every make or miss, stop the drives to the rim, locate the Suns' shooters and limit the Suns' effectiveness on the break. They cannot allow the Suns to score 32 points again on the break in this series.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe 'pleased' with health, targets Sunday
- Bulls' Rose won't rule out a playoff return
- Knicks end 9-game skid, drop Nets to 5-14
- Clips overpower Griz, give Rivers 600th win