Scouting report: Pistons vs. Heat
Updated: May 25, 2006, 5:18 PM ETBy John Carroll | Scouts Inc.
Everyone has been waiting for this series all year -- the same two teams but with a different cast of characters. Pat Riley reshuffled the deck in Miami with the hope of constructing a team better suited to knock off Detroit. The Pistons have the same team but a different leader: Flip Saunders led the Pistons to a franchise-best 64 wins, but he will have all the pressure on him to get his team back to the NBA Finals.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
John Carroll joined Scouts Inc. after nine years as an NBA coach, including a seven-year tenure with the Boston Celtics that concluded with a four-month stint as interim head coach in 2003-04. Before joining the NBA, Carroll spent six years as head coach at Duquesne University and seven years at Seton Hall as an assistant to head coach P.J. Carlesimo.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Sources: Clips star Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat Dwyane Wade #3 Black Gametime T-Shirt