Spurs come to their own defense
Only this time, Bruce Bowen raced through the screen, caught up to Billups, and got a hand up in time to block the shot. It was vintage Bowen -- chasing a smaller player through a screen, anticipating the next move, and reaching out with his left hand rather than across his body with the right to block a right-hander's shot.
"I was just trying to make sure I stayed up with him," Bowen said. "With my length, sometimes it creates problems for guys. Once he went up in the air and I saw he was committed, it was a chance for me to react."
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Stately Black T-Shirt