NBA Finals preview: Heat vs. Spurs
Throughout the playoffs, these series previews have emphasized the importance of matchups and head-to-head results. When it comes to the NBA Finals, the regular season no longer holds such predictive power. Miami faced the San Antonio Spurs twice during the regular season, and both times key starters were missing from the lineups. After Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich famously sent Tim Duncan, Danny Green, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker home before San Antonio's visit to Miami, the Heat sat out LeBron James and Dwyane Wade for the return game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013 NBA FINALS
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.