Greatest playoff series: 41-45
41. 2011 WESTERN CONFERENCE FIRST ROUND: GRIZZLIES-SPURS
The Grizzlies, a franchise that had never won a playoff game, became only the fourth No. 8 seed in history to knock off a No. 1, doing so despite the heroics of Manu Ginobili -- still suffering from the effects of a dislocated elbow that knocked him out of Game 1 -- and Gary Neal in a series-saving Game 5 overtime win for San Antonio. Memphis got the necessary road win in the first game on a Shane Battier 3-pointer, and hung on to another white-knuckle win at home in Game 3.
In total, five of the six first-round games were decided by eight points or fewer. And it was one of only six times in 100 series since the NBA-ABA merger that the losing team had 15 wins or more than its opponent.Jerome Miron/US Presswire
42. 2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS: MAGIC VS. CELTICS
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rivers: 'It's going to be hard' facing Celtics
- Newly added Jackson will be active for Clips
- 76ers' Carter-Williams out with knee infection
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics