Suns' speed may dash Spurs' hopes
Phoenix can take out the Big Fundamental just by keeping up the pace
- AP Photo/David Zalubowski"Hey, guys, wait for me!"
Heading into the second round of the NBA playoffs, San Antonio Spurs backers may wonder whether the team can keep pace with Steve Nash and the high-octane Phoenix Suns. If so, they could always hang their hat on this inspiring factoid: The Spurs are 21-12 this season when matching up against the 10 fastest teams in the NBA.
If only that line offered any insight to the series ahead.
To read why the Spurs are especially susceptible to Phoenix's up-tempo style, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
- Ellis recalls unhappy time as face of Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Phoenix Suns Sparkle Grey V-Neck T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index