The Celtics will struggle, as always, with the Cavs' superior post defense
- Kelvin Ma/Icon SMIIt's always tough going for Rajon Rondo at the rim against the Cavs.
It's time to throw away regular-season records and the mythical sense of momentum. These things do not matter in the NBA playoffs. In the postseason, it's all about matchups and, in a first-to-four format, the team that exposes its opponent's weaknesses and successfully hides its own will conquer and advance. So the Boston Celtics had better hope the Cleveland Cavaliers' coaching staff has not discovered the secret that has plagued Boston all year: It can't score inside matched up against top post defenses.
To read why the Cavaliers will have an easy time exploiting the Celtics' biggest weakness, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James #6 Black Gametime T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index