Should Clippers trade No. 1 pick?
Thoughts on Yao to Cleveland in 2010, whether the Clips should trade down and more
Updated: May 26, 2009, 3:38 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Quick note for you Cleveland Cavaliers fans thinking that the team's deal with a Chinese company means Yao Ming is somehow in the bag for 2010: Yao would have to opt out of a final year of his contract, which is valued at $17 million, and there's no way he'll get that kind of money for a single season in the current environment, especially with his injury history.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks