The Apple's latest trendsetter is the Knicks' second-round surprise
This story appears in the Feb. 21 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
ON A MID-JANUARY AFTERNOON, superfan Spike Lee sits courtside at Madison Square Garden, an orange and blue No. 6 jersey nearly swallowing his torso. "He reminds me of those Knicks from the '70s who introduced me to basketball," Lee says as Landry Fields, the player who has made that uni number hot, gets ready for the day's game.
Don't kick yourself for asking, "Landry who?"
To learn more about Landry Fields, the Knicks' rookie sensation, become an ESPN Insider today!
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
- Melo: Jackson hire won't impact free agency
- Bird on Pacers: 'Not mad; I'm disappointed'
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: February 21, 2011
Check out ESPN The Magazine's February 21, 2011 issue below.
- GameWear New York Knicks Team NBA Bracelet