Trend Watch: Rockets' new formula
For the first time in a decade, Houston's success begins with offense
Each Monday throughout the NBA season, ESPN Insider will investigate the latest trends in the league. Basketball Prospectus' Kevin Pelton is keeping an eye on all the numbers and will have a first look at how players, teams and the league as a whole are evolving.
Trending team: Houston Rockets winning with offense
Last week, Insider's John Hollinger took a look at how resurgent play from Kyle Lowry and the resulting benefit to Kevin Martin has helped the Rockets get back in the playoff race after a poor start to the season. What is worth noting is that Houston was hardly dismal on the offensive end even early in the season, when a leaky defense was costing Houston wins. As a result, the step forward Houston has taken on offense has made the team one of the most potent attacks in the league.
To read how the Rockets have changed their game plan, plus the one area that has fueled LaMarcus Aldridge's success and why the Cavs are crumbling, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Portland Trail Blazers LaMarcus Aldridge #12 Red Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey