Better cornerstone: Wall or Griffin?
Our experts debate which rookie they'd rather build a franchise around
The only thing Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard like to do more than report on the NBA is argue about the NBA. So we decided to combine those two skills for Insider's weekly One-on-One series, in which they'll debate the hottest topics in the association.
Question: Who would you rather build around, John Wall or Blake Griffin?
BUCHER: It's safe to say this year's rookie class has at least two players worthy of cornerstone status: Blake Griffin and John Wall. But if I could pick only one to build around, I'm going to go with the super-quick point guard from Kentucky now in Washington, D.C.
BROUSSARD: I agree that anyone would be happy to start with either player, but given the choice, I'll take big over small.
To see why Ric Bucher believes John Wall's skill set is paramount in today's NBA, and why Chris Broussard claims it's always best to build around a big man, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Sources: Lakers bring in Beasley for workout
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth L.A. Clippers Blake Griffin #32 White Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey