Trends: Rondo, Cousins, Rockets pace
Basketball Prospectus looks at three NBA trends worth keeping your eye on this week
Each Monday throughout the NBA season, ESPN Insider will investigate the latest trends in the NBA. Basketball Prospectus' Kevin Pelton is keeping an eye on all the numbers and will have a first look at how players, teams and the league as a whole are evolving.
Trending player No. 1: Rajon Rondo, PG, Boston Celtics
Rondo stole some headlines away from the Miami Heat's blowout win over the Orlando Magic with his stat line on Friday night. Rondo finished with a triple-double that included a career-high 24 assists. According to the Elias Sports Bureau and ESPN Stats & Information, Rondo's total of 50 assists thus far has him tied with John Stockton for the most ever in the season's first three games.
For more on Rondo, the (small) question concerning his assist rate, Cousins' foul issue and Houston's frantic pace, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.