Don't write off preseason performance
Preseason wins mean little to NBA elite, but rebuilding teams are a different story
Preseason NBA coverage nearly always comes packaged with a disclaimer: It's just the preseason. The implication being that we can't learn anything from preseason basketball performance because teams treat the exhibitions as a regular-season lay-up line and not real competition. If the players don't treat the games like they mean something, then why should we?
Because they do mean something.
To read why preseason performance may matter more than you think, plus reasons for Timberwolves and Grizzlies fans to be excited about the upcoming season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Griffin leads short-handed Clips by Sixers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Memphis Grizzlies Zach Randolph Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey