NBA Offseason Buzz: Indiana Pacers
Murphy must match career year; Rush in a battle for minutes
- player efficiency ratings to see who's trending up and down across the NBA. Ric Bucher rounds out the report by examining a pivotal player you'll want to watch as the season approaches. The series continues with the Indiana Pacers.
It's always scary when a team has a definitive strength and hopes to improve by becoming more balanced. The Pacers were Suns-lite, fifth in both points scored and allowed last season, but they pared their scoring depth over the summer to improve their defense. Marquis Daniels, Jarrett Jack and Rasho Nesterovic, who averaged a combined 33 points a game, were replaced by Dahntay Jones, Solomon Jones and Earl Watson. With the 76ers and Pistons primed for a slide and the Pacers having finished as the ninth-best team in the East last season, a playoff berth is seemingly within reach. The Pacers may still run, but will they score at the same pace? For now, the race among the Sixers, Pistons and Pacers looks like a battle to determine who will slide the least.
To see which player is taking off, which is crashing to earth and which name you'll need to know for the 2009-10 season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NBA OFFSEASON BUZZ
As the NBA offseason winds down and we gear up for the 2009-10 campaign, Insider taps into the insights of John Hollinger and Ric Bucher to examine who's rising, who's falling and who's worthy of extra attention on evey NBA roster.
Note: For definitions of all of John Hollinger's advanced statistics, click here.
- '47 Brand Men's Indiana Pacers Grey Striker Full-Zip Hoodie
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index