NBA Offseason Buzz: New York Knicks
Don't expect the "Darko Knight" to save Gotham this season
- player efficiency ratings to see who's trending up and down across the NBA. Ric Bucher rounds out the report by examining a pivotal player you'll want to watch as the season approaches. The series continues with the New York Knicks.
The worst place a team can find itself is mired in mediocrity -- not good enough to entertain postseason hopes, not bad enough to dream of the No. 1 draft pick -- and that's where the Knicks find themselves. Nothing illustrates that better than the almost complete indifference from the rest of the league to two of their best (at least statistically) players, David Lee and Nate Robinson, both restricted free agents. GM Donnie Walsh failed to add anything of significance this offseason to preserve cap space, thereby keeping alive the chance that Gotham's allure and Coach Mike D'Antoni's Team USA ties will land one of the squad's free agents next summer.
To see which player is taking off, which is crashing to earth and which name you'll need to know for the 2009-10 season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NBA OFFSEASON BUZZ
As the NBA offseason winds down and we gear up for the 2009-10 campaign, Insider taps into the insights of John Hollinger and Ric Bucher to examine who's rising, who's falling and who's worthy of extra attention on evey NBA roster.
Note: For definitions of all of John Hollinger's advanced statistics, click here.
- adidas Youth Golden State Warriors David Lee # 10 Revolution 30 Replica Blue Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index