NBA Offseason Buzz: Trail Blazers
A new addition and a healthy Greg Oden have Portland thinking big
A young 54-win team that kept all its parts and added a veteran point guard, Andre Miller, to the mix means the Rose Garden may finally be ready to live up to its name. Assuming Brandon Roy and Greg Oden stay healthy -- no small assumption -- the Blazers could flirt with 60 wins this season. A fantastic regular season, though, is only going to heighten expectations to get out of the first round, a pressure the Blazers blanched under last spring. And if Roy, Oden and LaMarcus Aldridge are truly a championship-caliber triumvirate, getting out of the first round is a must.
To see which player is taking off, who is crashing to earth and which name you'll need to know for the 2009-10 season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NBA OFFSEASON BUZZ
Note: For definitions of all of John Hollinger's advanced statistics, click here.
- adidas Youth Portland Trail Blazers LaMarcus Aldridge #12 Red Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey