NBA Offseason Buzz: Phoenix Suns
Dragic could step up after lackluster rookie season; Hill hits down slope
- player efficiency ratings to see who's trending up and down across the NBA. Ric Bucher rounds out the report by examining a pivotal player you'll want to watch as the season approaches. The series continues with the Phoenix Suns.
The experiment of trying to make non-defensive players focus on defense is over, but that doesn't mean the Suns will be back to offensively terrorizing the league as they did a few years ago. This is clearly a team rebuilding on the fly with a tight budget -- good luck with that. The hope, presumably, is that the Steve Nash-Amare Stoudemire combo can carry a roster mostly made of post-prime, pre-prime or no-prime parts. Of course, their ability to make the most of Nash's whirling-dervish style is unknown.
To see which player is taking off, who is crashing to earth and which name you'll need to know for the 2009-10 season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
- LeBron may mentor George, gets ceremony OK
- Kings sign ex-Rocket White to 10-day deal
- Pop: In timeouts, I'll say 'I've got nothing'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NBA OFFSEASON BUZZ
As the NBA offseason winds down and we gear up for the 2009-10 campaign, Insider taps into the insights of John Hollinger and Ric Bucher to examine who's rising, who's falling and who's worthy of extra attention on evey NBA roster.
Note: For definitions of all of John Hollinger's advanced statistics, click here.
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire #1 Orange Gametime T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index