Insider Intel: The upset index
Regular-season results tend to be strong predictors of first-round matchups
How much does the NBA's regular season matter come playoff time? More than you ever might have imagined. It turns out that by studying head-to-head results for postseason matchups, we end up with a strong clue as to how a series will turn out.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' Atlanta Hawks Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt