Magic make moves for this season
Orlando acts now to try and contend in East
The NBA trading deadline came and went last week and there were only a couple moves that were made to help teams win this season. In past years, almost every move that was made was for the purpose of winning immediately. With the economy in tough shape and the much-hyped free agents of 2010 looming, NBA GMs have been cutting payroll and clearing cap space in order to build for the future.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clips star Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Dwight Howard #12 Gametime White T-Shirt