Magic make moves for this season
Orlando acts now to try and contend in East
The NBA trading deadline came and went last week and there were only a couple moves that were made to help teams win this season. In past years, almost every move that was made was for the purpose of winning immediately. With the economy in tough shape and the much-hyped free agents of 2010 looming, NBA GMs have been cutting payroll and clearing cap space in order to build for the future.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Dwight Howard #12 Gametime White T-Shirt