International players focus on team
While American basketball has focused on the individual, throughout the world the focus has stayed on the team.
- It seems that America doesn't want to celebrate the greatness of international players. Sometimes American coaches and players are in denial about the excellence of the international game. But it's time to celebrate it.
Basketball has been showcased around the world, and now there's a consistency of excellent play by some great international players and teams.
I would like to see a U.S. celebration of the greatness and talent of international players. In a very real way, it's a celebration of our uniquely American game. American coaches and players have gone to Europe and China and Australia -- and we've taught the game of basketball well.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index