Rookie Watch: Not draft busts after all
Originally Published: January 12, 2011By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
- NBAE/Getty ImagesPhilly's Evan Turner and Houston's Patrick Patterson are finally showing why they were lottery picks.Few NBA rookies come out of the gates and crush it. Most guys start slowly before contributing more or see their production change dramatically from week to week. The early struggles vary from player to player and team to team (or coach to coach), but most rookies begin to display the talents they've had for years when given enough time and opportunity -- especially guys who were drafted in the lottery.
We're keeping tabs on every rookie in the NBA all season long. To check out David Thorpe's latest rankings and analysis, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets climalite Red Flex Fit Hat
ESPN.COM PARTNER: NBA.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com