Rookie Watch: Not draft busts after all
Originally Published: January 12, 2011By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
NBAE/Getty ImagesPhilly's Evan Turner and Houston's Patrick Patterson are finally showing why they were lottery picks.Few NBA rookies come out of the gates and crush it. Most guys start slowly before contributing more or see their production change dramatically from week to week. The early struggles vary from player to player and team to team (or coach to coach), but most rookies begin to display the talents they've had for years when given enough time and opportunity -- especially guys who were drafted in the lottery.
We're keeping tabs on every rookie in the NBA all season long. To check out David Thorpe's latest rankings and analysis, become an ESPN Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Houston Rockets Cue Rack