Which veteran should Griffin study?
Each year we do our part in helping the rookies find ways to get better by suggesting a current veteran who does one thing (or multiple things) that they would be smart to emulate. This is not about finding players with similar skill sets, sizes or roles. Many rookies could learn from dozens of different guys, although a guy like 26-year-old Gary Neal is already better than most at what he does for his team (which is why he's not listed). But if these rookies were handed a DVD of game film for what is described here and then spent the summer working on what they saw, they would be much better sophomores.
Which veterans should the rookies study? To check out David Thorpe's latest analysis on the rookie class, become an ESPN Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire #1 Blue Gametime T-Shirt