Who's at the head of the rookie class?
Originally Published: July 22, 2009By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
AP Photo/Seth WenigCurry, Thabeet, Rubio and Griffin all have the potential to be impact players in Year 1.Ranking the rookies before the season relies on a simple formula: Talent plus opportunity equals overall production. Much guesswork remains in terms of predicting opportunity, as teams are still filling out their depth charts, so we'll tweak this list as the offseason moves along. And we'll add more second-rounders once we get a better idea of which ones will actually make a roster.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat's Wade shelved with strained hamstring
- Bulls' Gasol envisions 'emotional' night in L.A.
- Pelicans' Davis (groin) could play Friday
- Irving torches Blazers for 55, clutch 3 in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NBA Rookie 50
During the regular season, Scouts Inc.'s David Thorpe ranks the rookies and provides observations on the entire class. Rookie 50
Thorpe's weekly reports• 01/06: Who's bringing the D?
• 12/30: Big men making their mark
• 12/23: Hunting for playoff minutes
• 12/17: Mayo takes over No. 1 spot
• 12/10: Westbrook soars into top 10
• 12/02: Augustin races into top 10
• 11/26: Oden climbs back into top 10
• 11/18: Rose takes over No. 1 spot
• 11/11: Mayo jumps into top five
• 11/05: Fernandez shoots to top of the list
• 10/29: The debuts of Rose, Oden
• 10/24: Oden begins season at head of class