Scouting breakdown: How to evaluate Scottie Pippen
Updated: February 27, 2007, 2:35 PM ETBy David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
Scottie Pippen has said he wants to return to the NBA at age 41 after three years out of the game. Any team interested in signing him must forget about his status as a future Hall of Famer and evaluate him as it would any other player. Given that there is no recent game film to watch, the interview and workout will be all-important. Here are the different ways I expect a team to evaluate Pippen as it decides whether to sign him:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.