In the Big Uneasy: Hornets to try again in New Orleans
Originally Published: March 27, 2007By Chris Sheridan | ESPN.com
NEW ORLEANS -- My buddy/tour guide refused to take me to the Lower Ninth Ward, telling me it looks exactly like what you see on TV: a wasteland of abandoned houses, debris piles and all-but-deserted streets. "The people who used to live there were not the people to whom the Hornets were trying to sell tickets," he said, instead steering us to the former middle-class district of Lake View, near the 17th Street canal that ruptured during Hurricane Katrina, flooding a vast portion of the city.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers' Carter-Williams out with knee infection
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' New Orleans Pelicans Primary Logo Navy Long Sleeve Shirt