'Birdman' has colorful past, poignant present
Chris Andersen, the first player banned from the NBA for drug abuse in seven years, had a most unusual upbringing and route to pro ball, writes Chris Sheridan.
There's a fascinating human interest story behind the first player banned from the league for a major drug policy violation since Stanley Roberts in 1999.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Clips overwhelm Pelicans in Davis' return
- Knicks outlast NBA-worst Bucks in double OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era New Orleans Pelicans 59Fifty Crescent City Logo Navy Fitted Hat