'Birdman' has colorful past, poignant present
Chris Andersen, the first player banned from the NBA for drug abuse in seven years, had a most unusual upbringing and route to pro ball, writes Chris Sheridan.
There's a fascinating human interest story behind the first player banned from the league for a major drug policy violation since Stanley Roberts in 1999.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans Jrue Holiday #11 Replica Revolution 30 Navy Basketball Jersey