'Birdman' has colorful past, poignant present
Chris Andersen, the first player banned from the NBA for drug abuse in seven years, had a most unusual upbringing and route to pro ball, writes Chris Sheridan.
Updated: January 31, 2006, 12:19 PM ETBy Chris Sheridan | ESPN Insider
By the time Chris Andersen is eligible to return to the NBA, his arms should be as colorful as those alternate road uniforms he used to wear for the Hornets.
There's a fascinating human interest story behind the first player banned from the league for a major drug policy violation since Stanley Roberts in 1999.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's New Orleans Pelicans Grey V-Neck T-Shirt