Fans have mixed emotions; players embrace Brown
"You don't plan nothing like that. That was just something that happened," Billups said. "If he had been on the court earlier, we would have done it earlier. But that was the first time we had all seen him, so it was just a spontaneous thing."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Player can keep $20K from half-court shot
- Granger eyes Friday return after long layoff
- Bulls' Deng to miss second straight game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Detroit Pistons CLIMAWARM Royal 3-Stripe Pullover Hoodie