All-Sleeper Team: These guys deserve your attention
Those stories have been covered in much detail, along with many others. But besides them, there have been players who have been overshadowed and also deserve press. These are the "sleepers" -- the players very few are talking about, who we should be paying much greater attention to in the second half of the season.
Why should we care about these guys? Because some are young, rising stars that haven't received much ink. Some are undervalued pieces on contending teams. And some are potential free agents who could be coming to a neighborhood near you this summer.
No matter the reason, I came up with a 15-man sleeper team for the second half. The rules? For starters, this isn't an all-underrated team as much as it's an all-no-exposure-whatsoever team. The other criteria are more obvious: They're playing well, and in most cases they're young enough that they're likely to keep it up or improve on it in the future.
That said, here' s my sleeper team. Keep an eye on these guys the rest of the way, because they're likely to get a lot more attention somewhere down the road:
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Rubio plans to return vs. Mavericks
- Oscar Robertson backs pot legalization in Ohio
- Cousins replaces Kobe on West All-Star team
- Pelicans' Davis (groin) out, aims for Monday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider.
To e-mail him, click here.
Recent columns• All-Defense teams
• How the West will finish
• Hornets stirring it up out West
• The secret to Rockets' streak success
• Which NBA records are ready to fall?
• The All-Sleeper Team
• Are centers a dying breed?
• Rating college prospects
Playoff Predictor• Does your team have plans for the playoffs?
• How the Playoff Predictor works
• Fastbreak: Who's headed for playoffs, lottery?
Rankings• Hollinger's Daily Power Rankings: Who's No. 1?
• Hollinger's PER stats
• PER stats: Point Guards
• PER stats: Shooting Guards
• PER stats: Small Forwards
• PER stats: Power Forwards
• PER stats: Centers
• PER stats: Rookies
• PER stats: International
• What is PER?
• Hollinger Team Statistics