Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 21, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Wednesday.
Most prominent among them is Hedo Turkoglu, who has regressed after winning the Most Improved Player award a year ago. This shouldn't be a big shock, considering he was a Fluke Rule player, but he's down to 40.3 percent from the field after hitting 45.6 percent a year ago, and his PER has slumped from 17.66 to 15.20.
Less well-known have been the poor offensive numbers from Anthony Johnson and Keith Bogans. Johnson, fifth on the team in minutes at 761, is shooting 35.5 percent from the floor with a PER of 8.62. If the Magic could upgrade the backup point guard spot, they'd be tougher still.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.