Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 21, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Wednesday.
Most prominent among them is Hedo Turkoglu, who has regressed after winning the Most Improved Player award a year ago. This shouldn't be a big shock, considering he was a Fluke Rule player, but he's down to 40.3 percent from the field after hitting 45.6 percent a year ago, and his PER has slumped from 17.66 to 15.20.
Less well-known have been the poor offensive numbers from Anthony Johnson and Keith Bogans. Johnson, fifth on the team in minutes at 761, is shooting 35.5 percent from the floor with a PER of 8.62. If the Magic could upgrade the backup point guard spot, they'd be tougher still.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt