Insider Gems: Jan. 6, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Tuesday.
1. The next few days will be tense ones for players on non-guaranteed contracts -- if they aren't waived by 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, their contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the season. Already, Golden State has waived DeMarcus Nelson, the Clippers have cut loose Fred Jones and Paul Davis, and Miami has said adios to Shaun Livingston.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Sources: Scott, Lakers agree to 4-year deal
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status