Insider Gems: Jan. 6, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Tuesday.
1. The next few days will be tense ones for players on non-guaranteed contracts -- if they aren't waived by 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, their contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the season. Already, Golden State has waived DeMarcus Nelson, the Clippers have cut loose Fred Jones and Paul Davis, and Miami has said adios to Shaun Livingston.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose practices for Team USA, will play Fri.
- Team USA reserves get shot in rout of D.R.
- CEO of Maple Leafs, Raptors to step down
- Silver: Risks indeed high in international play