Hollinger's Gems: April 14, 2009
Bobcats ready to pounce, Raptors finishing strong and playoff teams with reason to tank
Updated: April 14, 2009, 5:01 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Here's a stat that you wouldn't have expected entering the season -- with one game left, the Bobcats have a chance to finish ahead of the Spurs in defensive efficiency. Right now San Antonio is sixth and Charlotte, rather surprisingly, is seventh. The Bobs aren't going to the playoffs because of an anemic offense that ranks 27th in offensive efficiency, but it's a testament to how much Larry Brown turned them around on D that they're pushing into the league's elite at that end.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: 'Laughingstock' Knicks must top Nets
- Kidd: 'We move on' after Frank reassigned
- Bobcats' Kidd-Gilchrist (hand) out 4-6 weeks
- Blazers, Suns tweets poke fun at weak East