Hollinger's Gems: April 14, 2009
Bobcats ready to pounce, Raptors finishing strong and playoff teams with reason to tank
Updated: April 14, 2009, 5:01 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Here's a stat that you wouldn't have expected entering the season -- with one game left, the Bobcats have a chance to finish ahead of the Spurs in defensive efficiency. Right now San Antonio is sixth and Charlotte, rather surprisingly, is seventh. The Bobs aren't going to the playoffs because of an anemic offense that ranks 27th in offensive efficiency, but it's a testament to how much Larry Brown turned them around on D that they're pushing into the league's elite at that end.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat edge Spurs in OT, force deciding Game 7
- Sources: Clips walk away from Celts deal
- Westbrook off his crutches, says 'I'm back'
- Rice vies to go from D-League to 1st round