Hollinger's Gems: April 7, 2009
A K-Mart special, Detroit's secret weapon and some thoughts on the Tar Heels
Updated: April 7, 2009, 4:32 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Per Diem is back from a brief hiatus to recharge my batteries for the playoffs, and it appears we have no playoff races left to discuss. The 16 teams are settled in both the East and the West, with Phoenix having only a 1.2 percent chance of unseating Dallas for the last spot in the West, and Charlotte (4.8 percent) and Indiana (1.2 percent) having similarly miniscule odds of wresting a final place in the East from Detroit or Chicago.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lump of coal: Durant (ankle) to sit vs. Spurs
- LeBron, Curry early leaders for ASG votes
- Veteran Smith: 'Excited to join Rockets'
- Cavs lose Varejao for year with torn Achilles