Hollinger's Gems: April 7, 2009
A K-Mart special, Detroit's secret weapon and some thoughts on the Tar Heels
Updated: April 7, 2009, 4:32 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Per Diem is back from a brief hiatus to recharge my batteries for the playoffs, and it appears we have no playoff races left to discuss. The 16 teams are settled in both the East and the West, with Phoenix having only a 1.2 percent chance of unseating Dallas for the last spot in the West, and Charlotte (4.8 percent) and Indiana (1.2 percent) having similarly miniscule odds of wresting a final place in the East from Detroit or Chicago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: 'Laughingstock' Knicks must top Nets
- Kidd: 'We move on' after Frank reassigned
- Bobcats' Kidd-Gilchrist (hand) out 4-6 weeks
- Blazers, Suns tweets poke fun at weak East