Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 24, 2009
Observations on the Celtics, the Northwest Division race, Nate the Great and more.
Updated: February 24, 2009, 4:04 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. If there's one thing I've learned this season, it's that the first home game after a long road trip is basically another road game. That's especially true for Eastern Conference teams coming back from the West Coast, but yesterday we saw a Western Conference team bitten by the same bug -- Denver came home from an eight-game trip last night and was thwacked by Boston 114-76. It was the worst loss in NBA history by a team that was 10 games or more over .500 at the time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Bulls stop Warriors in OT; home streak over
- Blatt: LeBron has moved into MVP contention
- Pierce laments injury to Kobe: 'He's an icon'
- Irving, James boost Cavs to 7th win in row