Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 24, 2009
Observations on the Celtics, the Northwest Division race, Nate the Great and more.
Updated: February 24, 2009, 4:04 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. If there's one thing I've learned this season, it's that the first home game after a long road trip is basically another road game. That's especially true for Eastern Conference teams coming back from the West Coast, but yesterday we saw a Western Conference team bitten by the same bug -- Denver came home from an eight-game trip last night and was thwacked by Boston 114-76. It was the worst loss in NBA history by a team that was 10 games or more over .500 at the time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron rallies Irving-less Cavs past Magic
- Harden, Smith lead Rockets by Griz in OT
- Dirk into 8th on NBA scoring list, razzes Kobe
- Perfect 10: Dudley can't miss in Bucks rout