Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 24, 2009
Observations on the Celtics, the Northwest Division race, Nate the Great and more.
Updated: February 24, 2009, 4:04 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. If there's one thing I've learned this season, it's that the first home game after a long road trip is basically another road game. That's especially true for Eastern Conference teams coming back from the West Coast, but yesterday we saw a Western Conference team bitten by the same bug -- Denver came home from an eight-game trip last night and was thwacked by Boston 114-76. It was the worst loss in NBA history by a team that was 10 games or more over .500 at the time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe 'pleased' with health, targets Sunday
- Bulls' Rose won't rule out a playoff return
- Knicks end 9-game skid, drop Nets to 5-14
- Clips overpower Griz, give Rivers 600th win