Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 24, 2009
Observations on the Celtics, the Northwest Division race, Nate the Great and more.
Updated: February 24, 2009, 4:04 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. If there's one thing I've learned this season, it's that the first home game after a long road trip is basically another road game. That's especially true for Eastern Conference teams coming back from the West Coast, but yesterday we saw a Western Conference team bitten by the same bug -- Denver came home from an eight-game trip last night and was thwacked by Boston 114-76. It was the worst loss in NBA history by a team that was 10 games or more over .500 at the time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Parker signs multiyear extension with Spurs
- Wade on LeBron's exit from Heat: I could tell
- Rose acknowledges tension with Bulls, circle
- Bosh admits he was 'close' to leaving Heat
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Manu Ginobili #20 Black Gametime T-shirt