Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 23, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Monday
Updated: February 23, 2009, 1:47 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Should we even count stats against the Clippers at this point? L.A.'s shambolic D reached another low yesterday when Portland's Steve Blake lit them up for 14 assists in the first quarter. That set an NBA record for assists in a first quarter, and by the end of the stanza the Blazers had a 22-point lead and were cruising to victory. In three games since the All-Star break, the Paper Clips have surrendered 140, 142 and 116 points in three losses by a combined 92 points. They gave up 57.8 percent shooting in those games, and subjectively their effort was just as pathetic as the numbers make it seem.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
- D'Antoni: Kobe's minutes to be limited early
- Rivers: Clippers are 'pouting,' lack maturity
- Cavs fan walks on court, displays Irving shirt