Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 20, 2009
Updated: February 20, 2009, 3:32 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. Detroit lost at home again Thursday night -- its eighth home loss in nine tries -- and the Pistons' playoff odds are barely over 50 percent now. Although the Pistons hold a 3½-game lead over ninth-place Chicago, the lead could vanish quickly in the coming days. Detroit's next five games are all on the road against winning teams -- Cleveland, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando, and Boston -- and the game after that is at home against Denver. Meanwhile, the rebuilt Bulls are looking as strong as they have all season: Everybody's healthy, they just added Brad Miller, John Salmons and Tim Thomas at the trade deadline while losing only one rotation player in Andres Nocioni, and 16 of their final 28 games are at home.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder