Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 4, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Wednesday.
1. With Jameer Nelson out for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it, the obvious question is whether the Magic will swing a deal for another point guard and, if so, whom they might target.
One guy whose name hasn't come up much and might fit well there is Chicago's Kirk Hinrich. He has an expensive contract for what he's producing, but the Magic can throw in enough flotsam to make a deal work under the cap. (A trade involving Brian Cook, Keith Bogans and J.J. Redick could work, as would a few other combinations.) Plus, Hinrich's ability to play both guard spots and defend means he'd have a role even after Nelson comes back.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Irving torches Blazers for 55, clutch 3 in win
- Kobe has surgery, expected out 9 months
- LeBron out against Blazers for sprained wrist
- Hawks stretch win streak to franchise-best 17