Hollinger's Insider Gems: Feb. 4, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Wednesday.
1. With Jameer Nelson out for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it, the obvious question is whether the Magic will swing a deal for another point guard and, if so, whom they might target.
One guy whose name hasn't come up much and might fit well there is Chicago's Kirk Hinrich. He has an expensive contract for what he's producing, but the Magic can throw in enough flotsam to make a deal work under the cap. (A trade involving Brian Cook, Keith Bogans and J.J. Redick could work, as would a few other combinations.) Plus, Hinrich's ability to play both guard spots and defend means he'd have a role even after Nelson comes back.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat talk trade with Wade out, sources say
- Kobe 'pleased' with health, targets Sunday
- Bulls' Rose won't rule out a playoff return
- Knicks end 9-game skid, drop Nets to 5-14