Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 30, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Friday.
1. We're finally seeing some separation in the Western pack, and last night's win by San Antonio in Phoenix really put the exclamation mark on it.
The Spurs, Nuggets, Hornets, and Blazers remain tightly grouped, both in the Playoff Odds and in the Power Rankings. But Utah, Phoenix and Dallas have fallen way off the pace, and barring a major injury to one of the West's top six, it appears one of those three will be the conference's unlucky lottery team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Wade goes through shootaround for Heat
- Lakers predict 'dominant' Kobe in his return
- Blazers sink team-mark 17 3s, scorch Jazz
- Bulls' Deng questionable with calf stiffness