Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 30, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Friday.
1. We're finally seeing some separation in the Western pack, and last night's win by San Antonio in Phoenix really put the exclamation mark on it.
The Spurs, Nuggets, Hornets, and Blazers remain tightly grouped, both in the Playoff Odds and in the Power Rankings. But Utah, Phoenix and Dallas have fallen way off the pace, and barring a major injury to one of the West's top six, it appears one of those three will be the conference's unlucky lottery team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers clutch late, even series against Heat
- Grizzlies' Allen fined $5,000 for flop in Game 2
- Phil Jackson would pick Russell over Jordan
- Report: Nuggets letting Raptors talk to GM Ujiri