Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 30, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Friday.
1. We're finally seeing some separation in the Western pack, and last night's win by San Antonio in Phoenix really put the exclamation mark on it.
The Spurs, Nuggets, Hornets, and Blazers remain tightly grouped, both in the Playoff Odds and in the Power Rankings. But Utah, Phoenix and Dallas have fallen way off the pace, and barring a major injury to one of the West's top six, it appears one of those three will be the conference's unlucky lottery team.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant out for Lakers matchup due to ankle
- Rockets get Brewer in deal with Wolves, 76ers
- Miller's 7 3s in first start lead Cavs over Nets
- Rondo 'dying to get another ring' with Mavs