Hollinger's Insider Gems: Jan. 27, 2009
John Hollinger gives us five observations for Tuesday.
The league's top offensive rebounder right now isn't any of the usual suspects -- it's Minnesota rookie Kevin Love, who ranks ahead of Chicago's Joakim Noah for the honor by pulling down 16.8 percent of his team's misses when he's on the floor.
Just as impressive is that Love ranks fourth overall in rebound rate -- only Marcus Camby, Joel Przybilla and Dwight Howard pull down a higher proportion of missed shots. And Love is doing this while playing next to Al Jefferson and Craig Smith, who themselves are no slouches on the glass.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Blue Structured Adjustable Hat