Examining the playoff races
Spurs lead race for home-court advantage in the playoffs (PER Diem: Jan. 20, 2011)
Imagine this scene: The Lakers and Heat are about to meet in Game 7 of the 2011 NBA Finals. The nation -- including NBA commissioner David Stern -- is overcome with excitement about the epic battle that's set to ensue. Ratings are through the roof, and hype is off the charts.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.