Blazers make injury-riddled roster fit
PER Diem: Jan. 15, 2010
Updated: January 15, 2010, 8:40 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
Sam Forencich/NBAE/Getty ImagesDespite injuries to major contributors, the Blazers have made things work with a reshuffled lineup.PORTLAND -- Here's one thing we still don't have a stat for: Fit. Over the past several years I've talked a lot about numbers from both an individual and team perspective and drawn some very firm conclusions from them. However, getting from the one to the other presents a palette of grays. How well those players fit with their teammates has an effect on whether the individuals perform nearer the top or bottom of their potential. And we're still learning about how all those interactions work.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Rockets' Howard to miss third straight game
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.