Thunder in postseason discussion
PER Diem: Dec. 15, 2009
Updated: December 15, 2009, 1:44 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
- Layne Murdoch/NBAE/Getty ImagesDon't look now -- Kevin Durant and the Thunder are on their way to becoming threats out West.DENVER -- The Thunder didn't win Monday night against the Nuggets, but at 12-11 and playing the league's most difficult schedule, I think it's safe to say they're ahead of schedule. Tuesday's Playoff Odds project the Thunder to win 45 games, which would nearly double last season's total of 23, even though Oklahoma City has virtually the same personnel it had in 2008-09.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- D'Antoni, Lakers' brass talk state of team
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com