Hollinger's Insider Gems: Nov. 11, 2008
Five observations as we head into Tuesday night's games.
Updated: November 11, 2008, 2:23 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. They're dropping like flies, aren't they? First Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich and Tony Parker. Now Kevin Martin is out for at least a week, Brandon Roy hurt his back last night, Antonio Daniels has a bad wheel, Shawn Marion and Devin Harris sat out last night, Al Harrington has either a bad back or a bruised ego, Josh Howard could miss another game tonight, Rodney Stuckey and Chris Wilcox are on the shelf and Michael Redd, Shane Battier and Deron Williams don't appear to be returning any time soon. Welcome the 82-game war of attrition, everyone. Every so often you'll see a team skip through the season without any significant missed playing time, but smart teams plan on not having everyone available. We're only two weeks in, and already nearly every team is into its contingency plan in at least one position.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs cruise past Grizzlies to take Game 1
- LeBron to Vogel: 'We're not just another team'
- Pacers shake off Knicks to seize series in 6
- Report: Coach K considering Team USA return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Hollinger's PER Diem
Want a deeper look into all of the latest NBA action? Check out John Hollinger's new daily column -- full of analysis, observations and more -- every Monday through Friday.
Jan. 13, 2009• PER Diem: Lakers-Rockets injury battle
• Insider: OKC's problems
Jan. 12, 2009• PER Diem: Magic join top ranks
• Insider: Portland travel problems
Jan. 9, 2009• PER Diem: Billups stealing the spotlight
• Insider: A can't miss game
Jan. 8, 2009• PER Diem: Sixers young spark
• Insider: Wolves continue to sizzle
Jan. 7, 2009• PER Diem: Boston's bench problem
• Insider: Miles won't wait too long
Jan. 6, 2009• PER Diem: Nuggets under luxury-tax line
• Insider: Tense few days for some teams
Jan. 5, 2009• PER Diem: Bucks, Pistons Ranking debate
• Insider: T-Mac's blatant mail-in job
Dec. 31, 2008• PER Diem: Spurs' playoff forecast
• Insider: Calderon's free-throw feat?
Dec. 30, 2008• PER Diem: The Year of the Great Divide
• Insider: Rip with a new role?
Dec. 29, 2008• PER Diem: Battle for top spot
• Insider: Portland's top offense
Dec. 24, 2008• PER Diem: The Good Bynum
• Insider: Passing of torch
Dec. 23, 2008• PER Diem: Magic near top crust
• Insider: O.J. making run at Rose
Dec. 22, 2008• PER Diem: Tough Sunday for Pistons
• Insider: Crisis mode for Raptors
Dec. 19, 2008• PER Diem: Orlando's lack of credit on D
• Insider: A big story up north
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 15 | 16 | 17 18
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 24 | 25 | 26
28 | 29 | 30 | 31