McHale's folly: Does firing Casey make any sense?
Updated: January 24, 2007, 11:46 AM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN Insider
Can anyone remember the last time a coach took a team that was expected to be lottery-bound, had them at .500 and in line for a playoff spot at the halfway point of the season in a very tough conference, and got fired anyway?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Ricky Rubio #9 Swingman Revolution 30 Blue Basketball Jersey