FAQ: What's the deal with LeBron's contract?
Updated: July 11, 2006, 3:30 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN Insider
Cleveland forward LeBron James is currently negotiating a contract extension with the Cavaliers. Reports indicate he may seek a contract for four seasons rather than the maximum five, with an option to become a free agent after the third year (2009-10). Here's a brief FAQ on James' situation and where it might be headed:
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
- Mavs' Felton inactive in first eligible game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.