FAQ: What's the deal with LeBron's contract?
Updated: July 11, 2006, 3:30 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN Insider
Cleveland forward LeBron James is currently negotiating a contract extension with the Cavaliers. Reports indicate he may seek a contract for four seasons rather than the maximum five, with an option to become a free agent after the third year (2009-10). Here's a brief FAQ on James' situation and where it might be headed:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey