Why the Mavs better win now
Dallas must capitalize on this run, because age and the salary cap are looming issues
Thanks to a sweep of the Lakers, the Dallas Mavericks have excused themselves from that conversation -- or at least postponed it. The Mavericks have exhibited the sense of urgency the Spurs and Lakers may have lacked.
But this could be because the Mavericks know that, unless they win it all this year, they'll be joining the Spurs and Lakers at the dissection table. This is their best shot at a championship, and they know their window is closing. Consider the evidence:
To read Tom Haberstroh's full take onthe Mavs, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
- Westbrook, streaking Thunder beat Grizzlies
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Fan Mats Dallas Mavericks Court Runner