Denver flourishing minus Melo
Analysis of the Knicks and Nuggets since deadline deal tells two very different stories
When the blockbuster trade between the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets went down before the trade deadline, it seemed to signal that the two franchises were headed in opposite directions. The Nuggets appeared to be restocking the farm with an eye on the future, while the Knicks were looking for immediate returns. It's a prevailing storyline, after all, when stars get dealt.
But we may have gotten the teams mixed up. Weeks later, the Nuggets now look like a team firmly in win-now mode, having won 10 of their 14 games since dealing away the All-Stars. The Knicks since the trade? 7-9.
To read Tom Haberstroh's breakdown of the Knicks and Nuggets since the Carmelo Anthony trade, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.