Denver flourishing minus Melo
Analysis of the Knicks and Nuggets since deadline deal tells two very different stories
- Nathaniel S. Butler/Getty ImagesMelo and Billups may have done more for Denver by heading to New York.
When the blockbuster trade between the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets went down before the trade deadline, it seemed to signal that the two franchises were headed in opposite directions. The Nuggets appeared to be restocking the farm with an eye on the future, while the Knicks were looking for immediate returns. It's a prevailing storyline, after all, when stars get dealt.
But we may have gotten the teams mixed up. Weeks later, the Nuggets now look like a team firmly in win-now mode, having won 10 of their 14 games since dealing away the All-Stars. The Knicks since the trade? 7-9.
To read Tom Haberstroh's breakdown of the Knicks and Nuggets since the Carmelo Anthony trade, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Tyson Chandler Gametime Royal T-Shirt
ESPN.COM PARTNER: NBA.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index