Denver flourishing minus Melo
Analysis of the Knicks and Nuggets since deadline deal tells two very different stories
When the blockbuster trade between the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets went down before the trade deadline, it seemed to signal that the two franchises were headed in opposite directions. The Nuggets appeared to be restocking the farm with an eye on the future, while the Knicks were looking for immediate returns. It's a prevailing storyline, after all, when stars get dealt.
But we may have gotten the teams mixed up. Weeks later, the Nuggets now look like a team firmly in win-now mode, having won 10 of their 14 games since dealing away the All-Stars. The Knicks since the trade? 7-9.
To read Tom Haberstroh's breakdown of the Knicks and Nuggets since the Carmelo Anthony trade, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Knicks climawarm On-Court Royal Hoodie