Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
Originally Published: September 13, 2007By Chad Ford | ESPN.com
The news that Greg Oden will likely miss the season with microfracture surgery in his right knee is a disaster for Oden, the Portland Trail Blazers and the NBA. But there's also a silver lining here for almost everyone.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rondo to make Mavs debut; Spurs sit top 4
- Silver on tanking: 'No team is trying to lose'
- Pierce: Wizards need to 'build better habits'
- Sources: Rondo gives Mavs edge with O'Neal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Portland Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will miss the 2007-08 season after undergoing knee surgery.
News• Oden talks about his post-surgery rehab
• Oden's first season lost to knee surgery
Commentary• Katz: Oden driven to get in paint
• Stein: Bowie feels Oden's pain
• Simmons blog: Blazers don't deserve Bowie 2.0
• Adande: More misfortune in Portland
• Ford: Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
• Hollinger: Injury costs Blazers playoff shot
• Vandeweghe: Go slow with Oden, Portland
• TrueHoop: Grieving with Oden
• TrueHoop: Worst case scenario
• Fantasy spin: Who does it impact
• Vitale: Injury blow for Portland's Oden
• Broussard blog: Don't count Oden out yet
Audio• Bill Walton on Oden's situation
• Blazers' Pritchard: Oden was still right pick
• Ric Bucher reacts to injury
• Agent: He will be back