Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
Originally Published: September 13, 2007By Chad Ford | ESPN.com
The news that Greg Oden will likely miss the season with microfracture surgery in his right knee is a disaster for Oden, the Portland Trail Blazers and the NBA. But there's also a silver lining here for almost everyone.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Portland Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will miss the 2007-08 season after undergoing knee surgery.
News• Oden talks about his post-surgery rehab
• Oden's first season lost to knee surgery
Commentary• Katz: Oden driven to get in paint
• Stein: Bowie feels Oden's pain
• Simmons blog: Blazers don't deserve Bowie 2.0
• Adande: More misfortune in Portland
• Ford: Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
• Hollinger: Injury costs Blazers playoff shot
• Vandeweghe: Go slow with Oden, Portland
• TrueHoop: Grieving with Oden
• TrueHoop: Worst case scenario
• Fantasy spin: Who does it impact
• Vitale: Injury blow for Portland's Oden
• Broussard blog: Don't count Oden out yet
Audio• Bill Walton on Oden's situation
• Blazers' Pritchard: Oden was still right pick
• Ric Bucher reacts to injury
• Agent: He will be back
SportsNation• Vote: What does Oden's future hold
- adidas Men's Portland Trail Blazers Wesley Matthews #2 Black T-Shirt