Why Joel Embiid is No. 1
Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton discuss why NBA teams covet Kansas big man
ESPN Insider's Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton return to provide the kind of discussions that are happening in front offices around the NBA -- where scouts and statistical experts are breaking down NBA draft prospects using their "eyes, ears and numbers."
1. Is Joel Embiid really the No. 1 NBA prospect?
Kevin Pelton: Chad, after consulting with scouts and watching the top prospects, you moved Embiid to the top of your Big Board on Wednesday. Well, my WARP projections already had him tied with Jabari Parker as the best of the freshmen. Let's take a look at why the numbers are so high on Embiid, starting with his field goal percentage.
To read more of Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton's discussion of Joel Embiid as the No. 1 draft prospect, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers' Nash out for season with back injury
- Buss: Only 'losers' afraid to play with Kobe
- J.R. Smith: Triangle adjustment 'a struggle'
- LeBron mural to be unveiled before opener