NBA draft winners and losers
Dissecting Noel's slide, Zeller's rise, biggest surprises and best fits
Welcome to the Insider edition of 5-on-5! This panel is dedicated solely to debating the 2013 NBA draft. In this edition, our experts examine which players and teams emerged as the biggest winners on draft night, and those who lost out. Also, a breakdown of the biggest draft surprises and the best player-team fits.
1. Which team or player was the biggest winner of the 2013 NBA draft?
Jeff Goodman: Sacramento Kings. The Kings didn't think they'd have any shot at Ben McLemore, but there he was at No. 7 -- and Sacramento picked up arguably the most talented player in the entire draft.
Kevin Pelton: Philadelphia 76ers. A team without a direction entering the draft, the 76ers have now embarked on a rebuilding project built around the player I consider the top prospect in this year's draft, Nerlens Noel. Their deal with New Orleans could translate into four lottery picks between this year and 2014.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Ellis helps Mavs sink Spurs in Rondo's debut
- Kings, Nets explore D-Will trade, sources say
- Silver on tanking: 'No team is trying to lose'
- Pierce: Wizards need to 'build better habits'